Nous vous offrons une superbe recette de « Gingerbread », in english of course !
– 350g flour
– 175 brown sugar
– 100g butter
– 4 tablespoons of honey
– 1 teaspoon of baking powder
– 1 1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger
– 1 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
– 1 egg white
– 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
– powdered sugar
1) Put the flou, butter, ground ginger, ground cinnamon and baking paper powder in a mixing bowl. Mix it all together with fingertips until crumbly. Add sugar, honey and egg and mix until it forms a firm pastry mix.
2) Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
3) Using the rolling pin, roll out the pastry to about 5mm thick. Make sure the surface and the rolling pin are well dusted with flour. Cut out the shapes with a pastry cutter.
4) Place the cut out pastry on a greased or non-stick baking tray. Put the baking trays in the pre-heated oven. Remove after 15 minutes (check after 10 minutes.
5) Decorate the gingerbread men. Put a blob of icing on the gingerbread men where you want a decoration to stick.